The Media Center to Present “WE MEDIA: Behold the Power of Us,” Hosted by The Associated Press
Reston, VA – The Media Center, the nonprofit media-technology-society think tank, will present “We Media: Behold the Power of Us” on Wednesday, October 5, 2005, in New York City. The conference will take place at the state-of-the-art world headquarters of the Associated Press.
Leading thinkers and innovators at the intersection of media, technology and society will participate in series of conversations on the phenomenon of mass collaboration, focusing on such topics as citizen journalism; activism and democracy; media gawking; culture, politics and buzz; marketing; and trust networks.
Program details here.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Lex Alexander, Citizen-Journalism Coordinator, Greensboro News-Record
- Merrill Brown, Founder & Principal, MMB Media LLC
- Jason McCabe Calacanis, Chairman & Co-Founder, Weblogs, Inc. Network
- Farai Chideya, Founder & Editor, PopandPolitics.com
- Jessica Coen, Editor, Gawker
- Henry Copeland, Founder, Blogads.com
- Ana Marie Cox, “Wonkette”; Editor, Wonkette.com
- Tom Curley, President & Chief Executive Officer, The Associated Press
- Susan DeFife, President & CEO, Backfence.com
- Rick Ducey, Executive Vice President, BIA Financial Network; President, SpectraRep
- Richard Edelman, President & CEO, Edelman PR
- Craig Forman, VP & GM, Yahoo! Inc.
- Dan Gillmor, Founder, Grassroots Media Inc.; Author, We the Media
- Paul Ginocchio, Analyst, Deutsche Bank
- Seth Green, Executive Director, Americans for Informed Democracy
- Andrew Heyward, President, CBS News
- Ellen Kampinsky, Senior Editor, Glamour
- Larry Kramer, President, CBS Digital Media
- Nicholas D. Kristof, Columnist, The New York Times
- Rebecca MacKinnon, Co-Founder, Global Voices Online; Research Fellow, The Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard
- Susan Mernit, Senior Vice President, 5ive; Senior Fellow, The Media Center
- Craig Newmark, Customer Service Rep & Founder, craigslist
- Patrick Phillips, Founder & Editor, I Want Media
- Scott Rafer, President & CEO, Feedster
- Brian Reich, Director, Mindshare Interactive Campaigns LLC
- Jay Rosen, Founder & Blogger, PressThink; Associate Professor, New York University, Department of Journalism
- Steve Rubel, Blogger, Micro Persuasion; Vice President, Client Services, CooperKatz & Co
- Richard Sambrook, Director, BBC Global News Division
- Karen Stephenson, President, NetForm
- Dominik von Jan, Director, NextNextBigThing
For more information and to enquire about sponsorships opportunities, contact Gloria Pan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (703) 715-3301.