Working Group | Change The World – Brian Reich, Ruth Behar, Luis Ramiro Beltran, Andrew Karanja Githeko, Tom Kennedy, Pedro Paulo Poppovic, Tini Tran, Wang Wei
How can media and technology be used to facilitate meaningful and measurable change in our society?
Working Group Chair: Brian Reich, author, Media Rules!
- Ruth Behar, professor of anthropology, University of Michigan
- Luis Ramiro Beltr?°n, Bolivian journalist and scholar
- Andrew Karanja Githeko, Chief Research Officer & Head: Climate and Human Health Research Unit, Kenya Medical Research Institute
- Tom Kennedy, Managing Editor for Multimedia, Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive
- Pedro Paulo Poppovic, Editor, Sur International Journal of Human Rights
- Tini Tran, correspondent, The Associated Press
- Wang Wei, Senior TV anchorwoman and journalist, Shanghai Media Group
Chad Capellman is the web producer for wemedia.com. He has served in this capacity for every We Media conference even while working for other employers that included Boston.com, Eons.com and O’Reilly Media. He has applied many of the CMS, social networking and extended reach lessons he learned from five years at the Media Center at the American Press Institute and elsewhere to client web sites. He can be found at capellman.com